Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're Gearing Up

It's hard to believe that it's only been 2 WEEKS since we got home. Kazakhstan seems likes so long ago and if we didn't have all of our pictures and a bit of video Boeden would seem even further away than he is.

Today is day 15.............we made it. Now the legal stuff can resume and we can start making travel plans. Laura has been on the phone with our agency and travel agents, trying to gauge the timing of it all. Since I am not making this trip she has actually been working on it for over 6 weeks. That is to say, she has been looking for a travel partner that is willing and able. We are blessed to have two such people ready to go and depending on the actual dates of travel, one will make the journey.

It looks like they will go around July 8th (arriving July 10th) and stay in country 4 days. At dinner tonight Laura was wondering how she would keep Boeden busy and not wear down. He'll be bigger and beginning the adventure of a lifetime. I don't have the answer but my intuition tells me she will be fine.

Before we left for Kazakhstan some of Laura's friends from work started raising the volume on getting ready for a baby. They started giving us things we would need, had her register and started planning a baby shower. It was last Friday and I must say it was really unbelievable. Now, if the Flyers were in the Stanley Cup Finals my willingness to go may have been diminished. Leaving the Flyers aside, I am grateful that I went and got to be a part of such an outpouring of love, much of which was aimed at me.

Laura's mother came down and I picked her up at the train station. She came with Laura and me. My sister flew in and went with my mom. Those of you that know Laura personally know that she has an almost unshakable commitment to her job. Given the hours, training, travel, phone calls and meetings, that is really saying something. But, anyone that works at GAP or knows someone that works at GAP knows that they take care of their own.

Being there on Friday was a real gift. To witness all of the acknowledgement, the affection, the joy and love that these people have for us; it felt sacred. The gifts were amazing and SO generous, AND, in some way, icing on the cake.

I found myself, again, in a room of women who have been standing for us; standing for Boeden, for a long time. I have the experience of witnessing this global miracle, the climax of which will be us tucking Boeden into his crib, in his new room, sometime in late July.

We are so lucky. We are blessed.