Sunday, July 09, 2006

Round Two


If I were to pick a cliche it would most likely be in the Sam Spade, smoky office................."it was a day no different than the couple hundred that came before..........then she walked in", genre.

How it looks; me sitting in my studio, sipping starbucks coffee, my wife on the other side of the planet, less than 2 days from being united with Boeden (no smoke, my desk is a mess, and I'm not sure if he's walking yet).

Laura is safe and our friend Liz (our dear friend) is with her. About a year ago when we were talking about the travel my going on the 2nd leg, it seemed like it would be too much to take away from my business. I still think that, but it's hard not being together. Laura is in Kazakhstan; stroller, car seat, clothes, some food and toys. Without me. I'm here. Car seats, height chair, rocker, crib, freshly painted and carpeted room for Boeden. Without them. The closer we get, the closer our emotions are to the surface and, it's hard not to walk through the house without crying; anticipating mother and son coming home. Laura is having the same experience over there.

I know the updates have been ebbing but now we're gearing up for some action so they will be more consistent.